Friday, April 16, 2010

LCD Soundsystem


You can usually tell when I don't like a new release. Not cos I openly bag it out (cos I don't really like that), but simply cos you won't find it anywhwre on here. LCD Soundsystem's first single Drunk Girls was a massive disapointment for me-it plays more like part two to North American Scum rather than the Someone Great or All My Friends that I wanted so bad. I was also even more bummed cos I had already bought tickets to a Berlin show in May.

Lucky for me, I reckon the other 8 tracks on This is Happening are bloody fantastic. The opening track and second single Dance Yrself Clean is a really slow building 9 minutes of amazingness that suddenly crashes to life a third of the way with dirty synths and excited James Murphy vocals. Perfection!

LCD Soundsystem-Dance Yrself Clean (mp3) (link removed, chill out DMCA)



LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening - EP

No comments: