Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Arcade Fire

It definitely doesn't have the grandiose and almost orchestral arrangement that usually comes with anything Arcade Fire touches. In fact, I was totally convinced that this was a fresh new band coming up the ranks. But now, I don't know how I could've been so stupid-we all know there is only one Win Butler.

It's a sentimental track about the Butler brothers growing up in plain old suburban California. Which is sorta funny because when I think of Arcade Fire I think of them as being intrinsically Canadian, but I spose they still can be. Like I said before, the music totally takes a back seat to the vocals in this one, but with a falsetto chorus as catchy as this one I guess it's ok.

The album by the same name is due out on August 3. In the meantime they've given us a 12" with the title track and a B side Month of May which sorta sounds like the Foo Fighters...

Arcade Fire-The Suburbs (mp3)


Arcade Fire

No comments: