Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tortoiseshell


"Started living in each others world, I took to you like no other girl"

You may have come across a Sydney based band called Tennis. It was full of brothers and cousins and put on some pretty fun filled and whacky shows. I saw them open for Lost Valentinos at the Annandale early last year. Unfortunately, Tennis is no longer (possibly due to hype surrounding Denver based husband/wife due by the same name). So instead we have the same line up going by the name of Tortoiseshell (incidentally my favourite animal print) and putting out a super duper track called My Girl. The release in on Canyons label Hole In The Sky, which means punters get an even sweeter deal of a Canyons dub to play around with. This version is eve
n more disco, chilled and summery. And with the same truly epic vocal.

Tortoiseshell-My Girl (Canyons Dub) (mp3)



N.B. Just realised this band could actually be called Tortoises Hell as opposed to Tortoise Shell

No comments: