Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cut Copy


Breath shortened. Heart beating faster. Massive cliche I know, but this is literally what happened the second I saw Cut Copy had released a track from their upcoming third album. Obviously I was excited, but also prepared for the new stuff to fall maybe a little short of the greatness that has been the past two albums. Nup! This track is amazing. The harmonies immediately make me think of Animal Collective so totally not surprised to see the boys are working with the same producer Ben Allen. The really really 80's vibe of previous stuff has gone, but it's still a massive throw back to the past few decades, it's just a little harder to pick exactly where it fits in. Can't wait to: (a) hear some remixes, (b) get my hands on the album and (c) see the new stuff in the flesh.

Cut Copy-Where I'm Going (mp3)



Cut

No comments: