Friday, February 25, 2011

Jonas Alaska


"Been a lot to the movies lately, the last one ruined my heart"

Whata-hunk-a-spunk! His name is Jonas and like the only other person I know by that name he comes from the land called Norway. I have a huge place in my heart for Scando's...so any food, clothes, art, literature or music that comes from this area of the world will always have a pretty big head start in finding their way into my list of preferences. But in this case, the music feels less like its from the place of all year tans and more straight out of the London folk scene where Jonas currently studies. Think Johnny Flynn, Noah and the Whale and Laura Marling, but maybe with a tad more positivity. Awesome lyrics, awesome layered vocals and awesome use of the harmonica.



Jonas Alaska-In The Backseat (mp3)

No comments: